Week 14: Extra Reading

This week, I did the extra reading by reading Grimm Brothers. I began to read this because I saw that there were more of the familiar stories that I can read. However, I realized how different these original stories were from the ones we have known for so long. Little Red Riding Hood was called Little Red Cap. The story has the same bones like the ones that we know so well, there is still a girl who is bringing her grandmother food when she is sick and meets the wolf who pretends to be her grandmother. It just has a few differences in it as well. For instance, I do not remember a hunter coming to kill the wolf at the end of the story. This could just be because I have not read the stories in a long time but it could also be that the story is different than the modernized one.

Image result for little red cap
Little Red Cap. Source. 

Comments

Popular Posts